The pandemic has orchestrated a time for change for every business and CX has taken over price and product as the main differentiator for brands.
If brands need to sustain in the market they need to make CX a top priority in 2021. This change is making investments in CX transformation a necessity.
CX is not just the interaction that a customer has with a company’s contact center. It refers to the whole ecosystem of the customer’s journey from the very first time a customer visit’s a company’s website to the last time they pay. This entire journey of a customer comes under the umbrella of customer experience.
The kind of experience that a brand creates for its customers is what will make them either stay loyal to the brand or look for other options. If customers receive a good customer experience that will make them stay loyal and spend more on the same brand.
The customers have evolved and they are no longer just looking for price and product but also the kind of experience and the emotional connect they have with the brand. They are willing to spend more for a great customer experience. If business leaders need to survive the competition in the market they need to understand this aspect and transform their organizations to be more customer-centric.
What are the ways businesses can do this?
1. Customer Journey Mapping - Businesses need to stop taking the traditional route, start to think creatively and identify the customer’s wants and needs and map the customer’s journey accordingly.
2. Omnichannel - Brands that are delivering better omnichannel experiences are able to make greater revenues. Every business now needs to explore how omnichannel adoption can make a great addition to their marketing strategy when working on their CX.
3. Innovation - The pandemic has disrupted businesses and has forced business leaders to be innovative and driven digital transformation at a rapid pace than what was expected over the years. If the business has to survive during and beyond the pandemic it is important to identify products and services that prioritize experiences. Identifying products and services that need innovation is an incredible opportunity for businesses to survive and sustain themselves.
4. Seamless Experiences - Total Customer Experience is something that every customer expects and this is created by seamlessly integrating interactions that reflect and enhance the value of a brand at every touchpoint. To be able to build a lasting relationship with the customer brands need to focus on delivering a seamless total customer experience throughout the customer journey, if they do not do that it will destroy the customer's relationship with the brand.
5. Data, Analytics, Technology - The evolution of technologies has been a key element in shaping customer experience in a post-pandemic world. The future of customer experience will involve data and technology. Thoughtful use of data, analytics, and technology can help deliver an actionable, tangible experience that can turn into relationships. Customer success is all about building a lasting relationship with your customers and they ensure they are able to achieve their desired outcomes.
Companies that can master total customer experience will have a true competitive edge, manifested in revenues, profit margins, growth rates, employee and customer satisfaction, and ultimately shareholder value.
There is a quintessential thirst for data as business leaders want to get a complete picture of customer preferences and behaviours to formulate their growth strategy. So, how do you create data-driven customer experiences? Read on